Sunday, August 22, 2010

English Degree Online or Campus?

Has anyone tried taking English courses online? I'm wanting to get my English major on line(I can't afford to move and I like working a full-time day job). I'm currently an online student at a university that doesn't offer English as a major but have found a few accredited schools that do. I would go to a University and still might if the opprotunity presents itself. I want to go into writing and have found a lot of great classes that go with the major at online schools. Another question I have, what would be the benefits of getting an English degree(with a writing emphasis) on campus be, versus an online degree with essentially the same classes? Thanks so much! God bless!

English Degree Online or Campus?
You may want to take a look at Charter Oak State College's literature concentration (major): http://www.charteroak.edu/Prospective/Pr...





They are an accredited public school in CT that operates online.
Reply:there's nothing wrong with getting an online degree SO LONG AS IT'S ACCREDITED. I can't overstate the importance of that. If it's not accredited then it's not worth the paper it's printed on. I currently go to Colorado Technical University Online, and am getting ready to graduate with my Associate's degree. In 15 months I'll have my Bachelor's. It's not in English, but maybe they offer an English degree, I don't know. It's been the best thing I've ever done, I love going to school online, it's so convenient.


No comments:

Post a Comment