Sunday, August 22, 2010

Online church services?

Feedback please? What do you all think of the idea of going to church online? Would any of you (especially my friends) be willing to check out an online church and provide me with your thoughts on the experience?





I'm a member of a multi-site church that launched an "Internet campus" earlier this year. I attend the Saturday evening service online (and the local "live" service on Sundays)...I'm part of the leadership team that assists with site design issues, brainstorming new features we could offer, and more. The service starts in about 15 minutes at http://www.reallifeconnect.org ...click the "Worship Experience link and, if you like, open the streaming feed in Windows media player (or just watch it on the little box embedded on the page). The feed will start right at 7 PM CDT.





The message should be an interesting one on the trinity...I'll be in the chat room if anyone wants to talk. General feedback on the idea or specific feedback on the experience welcome. Thanks!

Online church services?
I've been listening to the service, and I've enjoyed it. But my feeling is that nothing can take the place of actually going to church, Heb 10:25 "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching"





Fellowship is very important, and while you can get a certain amount of fellowhsip over the internet, nothing beats "physical" fellowship.





But, that being said, the message is very good and I will try to tune in each week. Especially since I'm laid up with a badly broken ankle for 3 months. This is actually the answer to my prayers, lol.
Reply:I guess this was bound to happen but I prefer a brick and mortar and flesh and blood church with people I can see and talk to.


No comments:

Post a Comment