Thursday, August 19, 2010

Online Classes to become a teacher in louisiana?

I'm a 27 yr old single mother of 2. I live in SW Louisiana and I am very interested in becoming a teacher. I am looking into early childhood education. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any classes I could take online. I have contacted McNeese and I'm waiting on their reply. Just thought I would ask here too. I need online classes because I have a 1 yr old who I will not put in daycare. I work nights so and take care of the house during the day. I know people out there can do it but I'm not one who wants to balance that much. I want to be able to come home when the kids are asleep and do my school work. If I have to occasionally go to campus then I can find a sitter but I just can't do it everyday. Also does anyone know of what grants I can apply for. Do I need to have the school apply for me? Will a grant help me get a better computer if I can take online classes? I want to start in the spring so should I go ahead and apply for a loan or grant now? Thanks

Online Classes to become a teacher in louisiana?
go to www.pin.ed.gov and apply for a PIN





as soon as you receive your PIN go to





www.fafsa.ed.gov


Click on "Fill out a FAFSA"





Look on the school's website you're interested in and get their SCHOOL CODE for financial aid





This application can be sent to as many schools as you want. Do this before Jan. 1. Don't let anyone tell you you can't.
Reply:im not positive on how online classes go Louisiana but i think you might be cutting it rather short on your deadlines if you want to start school in the spring. Grants and loans take time to process, and will take longer if you are waiting on the school to accept you. Loans and grants cannot be offered until you become a matriculated student. i think you should definitely research your options more and possibly attend school in the fall. this way you aren't rushing and can get everything done efficiently. good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment